📝 Our principles
- To comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Act and any other relevant legislation
- To keep your personal information in strict confidence
- To obtain your personal information lawfully and fairly To maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification
- Not to sell your personal information
📝 Who we are
- MLC GLOBAL LTD, MLC ATHENS, and MLC IRELAND are trading names of the MLC GLOBAL. Hereafter MLC GLOBAL will, therefore, be referred to as “we”, “us”, and “our”.
- MLC GLOBAL LTD is a limited company offering educational services, registered in England with company number 11829629, whose registered office is 201B.3 Cardinal Point Park Road Rickmansworth WD3 1RE.
- Our primary website is www.mlcathens.gr and www.mlcglobal.uk
- Our primary facebook page is www.facebook.com/mlcathens and Instagram page is www.instagram.com/mlcathens.
📝 Legal bases for processing your data
We use different legal bases for processing data that you provide us:
- contact: when you use and participate in our events, training, and services legitimate
- interest: where you have previously used our services or attended our events or training
- consent: where any processing or secondary processing of your personal data is shared with third parties or where you agree to the specific use of your personal data as per the terms and conditions of the event, training, or other services you are registering for.
📝 Personal data we collect, why we collect it, and who we share it with
We collect personal data in order to promote and provide our services.
- STUDENTS | We collect student data in order to facilitate our teaching activities including monitoring, achievement, progression, and feedback. We also use this data to inform students or past students about courses and events we believe may be of interest to them.
- EXAMINATION CANDIDATES | We collect candidate data in order to enroll participants into their choice of examination, to supply them with the exam results, to facilitate any appeals, and where explicitly stated to pass the details of the exam and result to a third party.
- COURSE APPLICANTS (including in-person/telephone inquiries) | We collect Course Applicant data in order to ensure smooth conversion of this data once the application has been processed. We also use this data to inform course applicants about courses and events that we believe may be of interest to them. We collect limited personal data from enquirers to enable us to provide our prospective clients with accurate and useful information regarding our services.
Statistical: anonymous information about how many users we have, how often they visit, which pages are visited most frequently, and by what types of users, in what countries.
Technical: personal information to remember a visitor within the same browsing session and to ensure that the interface is adapted to their device (e.g. when you click ‘remember me’)
📝 How we collect this information about you:
We collect the information listed through different channels:
- Digital / online forms e.g. placement test
- Phone calls and correspondence
- Visiting our websites and/ or social media pages
- Our participation at education events.
📝 How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your information for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with those that have asked us not to. Our general retention period is five years after a record has ceased to be active.
📝 Where we store your personal data
We store your data on two different platforms: on-premises server public cloud-based storage We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology (SSL stands for ‘Secure Sockets Layer’ and creates encrypted connections).
📝 Access to your information
We allow our staff to access and use your information for the purposes for which you have provided it to us. For added security, we require all staff with medium-high data access levels to utilize multi-factor authentication via our Cloud systems and storage. Any third-party agencies engaged by us to carry out our services are carefully selected and required to demonstrate compliance with UK data protection legislation. We will only share your personal information with third parties where it is directly relevant to the services you have requested. We require third parties to treat your data with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of mlc global ltd or others.
📝 Your consent
While we will seek consent at the point of collecting your data, in some cases we may process data without consent when we are legally allowed to do so and where it is in our legitimate interests. You can withdraw your consent at any time – please see section 12If you request not to receive any further contact from us, we will keep a record so we know not to contact you in the future. This will include your name, organization, and preference not to be contacted
📝 Your rights
We understand that privacy and data are sensitive and important. You have a number of rights in relation to your data. These are:
- The right of access: you have the right to access the data and information we hold about you. Please see below for details on how to request this information
- The right to rectification: we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us using the contact details below
- The right to erasure: you can request that we delete the information we hold on you by contacting us using the contact details below.
- The right to restrict processing: you can let us know how you want us to use your data by getting in touch with us using the contact details below.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request your data be provided in an easy-to-use format to another supplier.
- The right to object: you can opt-out of hearing from us at any point by contacting us using the contact details below.
📝 Legal information and how to contact us
The controller of personal data is the company that determines the purpose and means of processing your personal data. The controller of your personal data for marketing purposes is mlc global ltd. You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you and in certain circumstances to be provided with a copy of that information. You can request this by using the contact details below. If at any time you do not wish to receive further information about us and our services, or you wish to change your contact details or preferences, please contact us using the details below. Please note that we will keep some basic contact information to ensure we don’t contact you again in the future. If we completely erased your records then we wouldn’t be able to ensure we don’t contact you again in the future.
Data Protection Officer, mlc global ltd, address
- E-mail address: [email protected]
- Requests will be dealt with and responded to within 30 days.
- If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been handled you are entitled to make a complaint to [email protected]